Monday, July 6, 2009

3 years ago today.....

(on my birthday) I sent my little 6 month old baby off for a surgery that would change her life (and ours) forever. If she had not had this surgery there's a very good chance she would not be here with us today. We really had no idea what we were getting into, what our lives would be like after, all we knew was that this was God's plan for her and that he would take care of her, and he has. There was no way we could look at that beautiful smiling face and think we were making the wrong decision. Some people might question her quality of life, we don't. She is happy, she is taken care of, most importantly she is loved.
3 years later, we have a beautiful little girl. She has done better than we expected and we have been blessed to have so much time with her, at home and relatively healthy. We are grateful for every day we have with her and can't imagine our lives with out her. There is no better birthday present than having my little girl here with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isabel is so cute...I always thought she was such a pretty little girl!!

Happy late bday! Sorry I am just letting you know. Hope you had a good one.

Camilla said...

I am a horrible friend! How did your birthday pass and I not even realize.
Well, Happy Birthday, even a little late.
I have enjoyed our visits these last three years and look forward to keeping in touch in the future.

angie and tyler said...

do you guys still have your dogs?